Tuesday 26 May 2015

A Royal Voyage - Experience Sharing by OYA Intern

A Royal Voyage


Sometimes life brings to you the unexpected, something new and exciting. OYA to me personally was a breath of fresh air. Something that inspired me to take a step forward, help people and make them happy. I wanted to do something different for a change and when the opportunity presented itself I took it. 
OYA is more than just an organisation; it is something the people enjoy being a part of, helping people and making them smile is what makes us who we are. Being a part of OYA has taught me a lot of things not just that there are people who need us but that it is a whole new experience in itself. It has helped me open up to people, meet new ones and strengthen the bonds of the old. Making new friends was my worst trait but now I feel as if it were my best. Helping the kids is what brings me joy as we all know that the children are our future so helping them is helping our future.
 Yes people do have problems in life but no one is perfect and that’s what makes us human but solving the problems together is what OYA strives to achieve. It is fun playing with the children. It brings great joy and changes in my life and interacting with them I too know that I am doing the same with theirs. A two way process where we both get the benefits and learn from one another.  
I hope to be a good role model for the children and help them become the best so that they may pass on the knowledge to the future generation. Even a small change in the present can have the biggest impact on the children in the future just as a small snow ball rolling down a snowy hill can cause an avalanche. I would like to become that person that the children look up to and come to when in a sticky situations. 
Trust is something that is slowly and steadily built in OYA. Friendship is one other thing we in OYA value a lot. Between the children, the interns, the mentor trust and friendship is what binds us and holds us together. Joining OYA has changed my perspective of life. It has taught me that opening your life to new choices brings in new changes in life. I am glad I got the chance to join and be a part of OYA because even though it is small I know my life has changed for the better.

Veena Ravi
Intern

OYA 

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully articulated, Thanks for being part of OYA n sharing your experience.

    We at OYA strongly believe in positive intentions, which let's us see the brighter side of Life !!

    ReplyDelete